Perlmutter Continues to Provide More Job Resources for Constituents Colorado
September 22, 2010
Economic Report Shows Mixed Results
Washington, DC – In light of yesterday’s economic report from the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment, U.S. Rep. Ed Perlmutter (CO-07) announced additional resources for job seekers on his Congressional website: www.perlmutter.house.gov . The Job Resource Center is a clearinghouse of information for people looking for additional help about federal job opportunities, local workforce centers, how to improve their resume, interviewing skills and much more. In the past year Rep. Perlmutter has held two successful Job Workshop events for constituents, helped save almost 4,000 aerospace related jobs by fighting to continue the Orion manned space flight project and helped secure a small business loan for Big Papas BBQ to open a third store and hire 40 new employees.
“Yesterday’s economic report shows too many Coloradans are still looking for work but personal income is slightly up and the foreclosure rate is stabilizing. In the fall of 2008 our economy was in free fall – we fell real far, real fast. The good news is our economy has been steadily growing again and private sector jobs are being created. In the 7th Congressional District we are seeing some bright spots. For example the National Renewable Energy Lab continues to expand and hire and the new VA Hospital in Aurora continues to move forward. The VA Hospital project will hire thousands of construction workers and health care providers all while fulfilling the promise we made to take care of our veterans and their families.
“While the economy is turning around many Coloradans are hurting right now and are looking for new job opportunities. In an effort to help as many constituents as possible this year, I launched the Job Resource Center on my website to help people find important job information. It’s my job to help my constituents which is why I created the Job Resource Center on my website. Additionally, I’ve held job seeker events and I am focusing on small business legislation. Whether it is online resources, helping a BBQ restaurant get a loan, or holding job fairs and other events, I will continue to focus on helping the hard working people of the 7th Congressional District,” stated Perlmutter.
Click here to view the Job Resource Center and please check back often as content will continue to be updated. Listed below is some of the new content:
Federal Job Resources:
· USA Jobs.gov- USAJOBS is the official jobsite for the US Federal Government. You can search USAJOBS to find thousands of available federal jobs, and use our search tools to narrow your results to find the job that is right for you.
· Veterans Administration (VA) – Official website for the VA – with a variety of position available nation-wide.
· National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) – Located in Golden, is the world’s premiere renewable energy laboratory and is expanding both it's facilities and staff levels.
Resume Writing & Interview Tips. Below are some great resources to improve your resume and bolster your interviewing skills.
· Job Web - http://www.jobweb.org/resumes_interviews.aspx / Jobweb.org provides career and job search advice as well as free resume samples and tips, practice interview questions, and more.
· http://career-advice.monster.com/ This website provides tips on everything from how to successfully write a cover letter to how to go about salary negotiations. There is also helpful advice about all aspects of job hunting.